At The Designer Rooms we never stand still. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to progress within our fast-growing, highly successful organisation in the furniture retail market. We are investors in our people and have genuine growth opportunities within our business. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer – Furniture and Home Accessories and for a Buyer – Homeware and Accessories. Both roles are below with further information.
We are a family-run furniture retailer with eight stores across Scotland’s central belt. Our company was founded 13 years ago, and we specialize in selling high-end, luxury furniture, garden furniture, and home accessories.
Senior Buyer – Furniture and Home Accessories
We are expanding and are looking for a Senior Buyer with international buying experience to join our team. As a Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for sourcing, selecting, and negotiating with suppliers to ensure the best possible products are available for our customers. You will also work closely with our merchandising and marketing teams to ensure the right products are available at the right time, and at the right price.
- Identify and source new products and suppliers, domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate pricing, payment terms, and delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure optimal cost and delivery times.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure quality, consistency, and timely delivery of products.
- Collaborate with the merchandising team to develop and execute product strategies that align with company goals.
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and execute promotional campaigns that maximize product sales.
- Conduct market research to identify trends and opportunities that can improve product selection and sales.
- Analyse sales data to identify product performance and make recommendations for product improvements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an international buyer in the furniture and home accessories industry.
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to analyse data and make informed decisions.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
We offer a competitive salary, generous bonus, and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing team. If you are interested in relocating to Scotland, we can help with that too.
Job Type: Full-time. Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Performance bonus
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kilmarnock
Buyer – Homeware and Accessories
We are looking for a buyer for our homeware who has a flair for design, colour and trends a passion for what they do and is eager to contribute to the success of our ranges and, ultimately, our organisation’s growth in the market place. Candidates must be willing to travel to the Far East, Europe and within the UK including trade shows and factory visits.
Are you motivated with a desire to succeed and take pride in your work? Are you ready to join an outstanding team? Do you want to contribute to the success of the buying strategy? Then, you are who we are looking for. Apply today for this newly created role within our organisation.
- Ability to work across multiple product categories with different lead times
- Select, source, and purchase products
- Able to build a balanced, commercial, and exciting product range
- To propose new and innovative ideas for product development, working closely with design to pull together new ranges
- Analyse and present sales data, and react quickly to maximise performance
- To clearly identify sampling requirements, providing feedback to suppliers
- To establish a critical path ensuring that all approvals are signed off in the required time frames
- To establish a shipping plan to ensure product from the Far East & other areas are shipped on time
- To oversee all packaging requirements
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the homeware market including competitors and trends
- Willingness to travel – both Far East and Europe
Travel will involve both trade shows and factory visits
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- A confident communicator and relationship builder
- An ability to spot trends in the market
- Driven and proactive
- Highly organised
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Analytical with problem-solving skills
- An eye for design, colour and trends
- Research skills
- Industry related degree/ qualification preferred but not essential
- Homeware buying experience – minimum 3 years
- Strong commercial and market awareness
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance